Sep 6, 2009

Welcome (back) to Florida!

(Posting by Dee)
As we landed at Los Angeles after a long flight from Osaka, custom-cleared my check-in bags and I took them to United Airlines -which refused to take them though I'd routed my bags up to Orlando. "We won't accept bags if the transit time exceeds 12 hours; you go to Asiana airlines (Osaka-LA carrier)". Asiana's counter remained closed. Luckily Selva's mini-van had enough space to carry my 6 check-in bags (and 3 hand-carrys).

Reached home at 8 pm by taxi from Orlando airport. Wanted to get something to eat... my car wouldn't start. (Battery had 'slept' for 75 days; we talked about carrying a jump-start cable from Japan, but forgot it in the last minute). Called Lokesh, he was not in town. Namrata would not understand what I was talking about! Seshu suggested to call AAA -which accepted me as a member by phone (@US$ 62/yr) and sent a person.

Made udon noodles for children, and drove to Winn Dixie to buy some groceries. Came back home only to see that I left behind one bag in the shop. Drove again and brought it back.

The AAA staff called me to confirm my address; she said my membership card will be valid up to Oct-16, 2010. "Nope! I don't need it beyond 2010 June, by then I should have moved back to Japan!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment